As promised by Deepak last week, the first set of seven RTI applications has been duly filed. One of them seeks information from the Mumabi Traffic Police and the other six from the following organizers of six national level entrance examinations:
- National Law Institute University(NLIU), Bhopal for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for Civil Services (Prel.) examination
- National Institute of Fashion Technology(NIFT) for B. Des. written examination
- Indian Institute of Management(IIM), Lucknow for Common Admission Test(CAT)
- Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) for All India Engineering Entrance Examination(AIEEE) and All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT)
The Central Public Information Officer of each of the above six organizers has been requested to furnish following information to us:
- A copy of the application form used for the purpose of the entrance examination in the current academic year.
- Does the application procedure require the candidate to mention his/her family income and/or permanent address?
- For how long are the application forms of data contained in the same preserved?
- How many applications were received for the recently conducted entrance examination ?
- How many of those applications were received from students coming from rural areas, semi-urban areas, families with an annual income of less than Rs. 2 lakh separately?
- How many examination centers were allotted all over India for the recently conducted examination?
- How many of those centers were in places coming within limits of village panchayats?
The information sought from the Mumbai Traffic Police includes:
- What mechanism exists whereby a person can complain of taxies refusing to ply to a particular destination?
- How many such complaints have been received from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009 and from January 1, 2010 till date in this regard?
- In how many cases has any action been taken in this regard?
- A list of cases showing what action has been taken in each case.
This week's RTIs will be uploaded over the weekend.